M-Audio Digital Audio Converter
The DAC 2496 is a professional external digital-to-analogue (D/A) converter. It supports multiple digital audio formats, all bit widths from 16 to 24, and all sampling rates from 22kHz to 100kHz while outputting to balanced (XLR) or unbalanced (1/4") analogue outs. Connect the Super DAC 2496 to the digital outputs of CD or DVD players/recorders, FreeView/Satellite boxes, computer digital I/O cards, digital mixers, DAT decks, MiniDiscs, etc. and your analogue sound will receive an instant upgrade to professional, audiophile quality.
Specifications include full 24 bit, 96kHz digital to analogue conversion; Optical (TOSlink) S/PDIF, Coaxial S/PDIF and AES/EBU digital inputs; balanced XLR and unbalanced analogue outputs.
Submitted by Job Chithalan
have replacement 230V UK power supplies available for this unit for £13.79
USA power supplies @ £23.50
M-Audio Super DAC 2496
• High-performance stereo D/A converter in a standard half-rack package.
• D/A Converter: 24-bit, 96kHz, 128x oversampling.
• Supports 16-, 18-, 20- and 24-bit data widths.
• Supports sample rates from 11kHz to over 100kHz.
• Dynamic Range: 115 dB (A-weighted)
• THD+N @ 0dBFS: -100dB (A-weighted).
• Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz. –0.1 dB, +0.18 dB
• Balanced Outputs: +4 dBu nominal, +20 dBu peak
• Unbalanced Outputs: -10 dBV nominal, +6 dBV peak
• Front panel button selects between three rear inputs:
S/PDIF on RCA connector, TOSlink optical input, or AES/EBU input on XLR.
• Audio outputs: balanced on XLR, unbalanced on 1/4" (TR) connectors.
• Sample rate automatically locks to that of incoming digital data.
• "D/A Valid" LED indicates valid incoming digital data.
• Other LEDs indicate active digital input and sample rate range.
• Dimensions: 8.5"w x 4.5"d x 1.7"h.
• Weight: 3.2 lb.
More info, modifications, tweaks, ideas, photos, files, etc at